NOMINATION FORM (Form must be completed in full to qualify)
For university or college students of film, film production, or cinematography at the undergraduate or graduate levels
in a degree or diploma program. Nominations must be made by the school department or program official.
Prizes Awarded in this Worldwide Program (awarded in US or local dollar equivalent)
Excellence in the Craft of Filmmaking Category:
Gold: $1,000 cash award and $5,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
Silver: $4,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
Bronze: $3,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
Honorable Mentions: Two $2,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grants
A Blue Ribbon Jury will evaluate all submitted work and make all final selections. The jury will consist of one individual from Kodak and one from the University Film & Video Association (UFVA), plus a representative from the filmmaking industry.
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of academic achievement, creative and technical ability, communications ability, and range of filmmaking experience. Visual Imagery will count 50%, creative and other technical skills 25%, and the other criteria 25%.
Conditions of Entry
1. Entries must be completed works that communicate a story or theme in some fashion — no clips or short vignettes.
2. Eligible institutions are colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada, participating Asia Pacific countries (Australia, New Zealand,Philippines, Singapore), participating European countries (Austria, Benelux, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom) and participating Latin America countries (Argentina,
Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana,Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Surinam, Uruguay and
3. No more than two nominees per institution.
4. College student nominees must be fulltime undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the 2009 – 2010 academic year and planning to enroll for the 2010 – 2011 academic year in a film school’s degree or diploma program.
5. All judges’ decisions are final.
6. The names of the winners may be published on the website at www.kodak.com/go/motion. Winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with the Scholarships Program.